[Printer] Laser Printer questions lip lai !!!

knightskid

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2005
Messages
716
Reaction score
15
If you guys using Fuji right then there are three things that you need:
1) Used Original Toner (not the one that comes free)
2) Toner reset chips - I paid about $10 for 4 but its much cheaper if you buy more at one time.
3)Toner powder.

Refilling is quite easy. Just follow this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLoxvO-HTOs

I have not bought original toner before, the printer i bought only free half-filled toner, and from then on, i bought the oem toner, then once finished, will just buy chip and powder to refill.
 

Icetray

Master Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2008
Messages
3,977
Reaction score
1
I have not bought original toner before, the printer i bought only free half-filled toner, and from then on, i bought the oem toner, then once finished, will just buy chip and powder to refill.
OEM one also can. That's what I'm using. I just heard that you can't use the free one but I've honestly never tried to see if it'll work on the free one.
 

yuukaze

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2012
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
Looking to buy laser printer with the following requirements:

1. Mono
2. Print only
3. 1000 pages a month?
4. $300
5. Must have wireless capability, small footprint preferred. Must be able to print on A5 paper. Preferably cheap consumables also : p

Was looking at Brother and Fuji Xerox, but for Brother we must also change the drum is it?

Thanks in advance!!
 

tonerseller

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2013
Messages
508
Reaction score
0
Hi, I'm looking for laser printer with the following requirement. Any recommendation? Thank you

1) color (but normally use B/W)
2) print, copy, scan, fax (4in1)
3) about 300pc per month
4) can use varies size paper. eg B5
5) reliable for home office use
6) auto duplex
7) other feature optional


Brother MFC-9330cdw or Fuji Xerox CM305df also can.

Actually if can I would rather you use just black and white laser printer if color is not necessary. Cause it is really cheaper for mono laser printer.
 

tonerseller

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2013
Messages
508
Reaction score
0
looking for a printer that can do DADF
mainly to convert paper to PDF.

so just need print , scan copy.

if you doing digitization, you should buy scanner from Fujitsu. Dont buy mfp cause their feeder not meant for heavy duty scanning. Their roller will wear out fast.
 

tonerseller

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2013
Messages
508
Reaction score
0
hi is there a shop/person who can top up the toner cartridge if i buy my own toner powder? Maybe need one time just to teach/guide me for the very 1st time hehe

dont do refill. Buy compatible straight. Last time I also sell refill toners. But the health hazard is really not worth the money saved/earned. Thus, I changed to sell compatible toners and quality the same also after doing internal testing. My side here cheap cheap.
 

tonerseller

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2013
Messages
508
Reaction score
0
Looking to buy laser printer with the following requirements:

1. Mono
2. Print only
3. 1000 pages a month?
4. $300
5. Must have wireless capability, small footprint preferred. Must be able to print on A5 paper. Preferably cheap consumables also : p

Was looking at Brother and Fuji Xerox, but for Brother we must also change the drum is it?

Thanks in advance!!

Brother HL-L2365dw $168
need to change drum

Fuji Xerox P255dw $159
dont need to change drum

both also have compatible toners
 

Alphas

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2004
Messages
41,238
Reaction score
5,670
Lasers/ Sled has a better value when you get oem cartridges. In long run, the cost is lower and better print quality.
 

AphoticFX

Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2014
Messages
195
Reaction score
17
Hi guys. I have been an inkjet user for years and years, my inkjet printer is starting to fall apart. I thought this might be an opportunity to jump over to laser printing. Is there anything I should about laser printing before purchasing one? I read a couple of replies, and it seems Fuji Xerox is the brand to go to. Where do you guys purchase your OEM/Compatible toners?
 

Icetray

Master Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2008
Messages
3,977
Reaction score
1
Hi guys. I have been an inkjet user for years and years, my inkjet printer is starting to fall apart. I thought this might be an opportunity to jump over to laser printing. Is there anything I should about laser printing before purchasing one? I read a couple of replies, and it seems Fuji Xerox is the brand to go to. Where do you guys purchase your OEM/Compatible toners?
I don't like Fuji cos of the page counter which just stops printing once you hit 1000 pages. A lot of wasted toner if you don't refill the toners yourself.
 

AphoticFX

Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2014
Messages
195
Reaction score
17
Oh. Heh. What would you guys recommend?

Let me fill out this,

1. Mono or Colour
Color preferably. Will be printing color documents.

2. Print, Print Scan Copy (3in1) or Print Scan Copy Fax (4in1)
Multifunction(excluding fax) would be nice, but not an important factor

3. Printing capacity per month
I guess about a few hundreds pages/month

4. Budget

5. Other extra requirement like wireless, iphone printing etc.
iPhone printing would be nice.



I have a question, I noticed that there's "memory" on laser printers. What is this for? And what's the ideal memory to have? And what are the things I should be wary of from using compatible/refill toners? Like for inkjets, I read, third party inks may damage the printhead etc. And inkjets are susceptible to clogging when ink dries out.
 
Last edited:

something

Master Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2001
Messages
4,848
Reaction score
0
hi, is samsung C460W a good buy? just get one few days ago, and now my lady boss wanna get another.... wish to know is safe to use compatible/refill toners? the color no different with original? can damage the printhead?... thanks. :o
 

FreeRoon

Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2012
Messages
161
Reaction score
3
need recommendation

Hi,

i am looking at a printer for me and my sister (Both of us are Uni Students)
we need the following functions:

1) Auto print both side (is it call auto Duplex)
2) Both colour and non colour (mostly non colour)
3) Easy to set up
4) Should be quite heavy usage becuz nowadays SIM need print own lecture notes
5) Easy to Purchase :X

if possible can name me 2 to 3 models so that i can consider.
Prefer maybe less than 300 ba

Thanks in advance
Cheers :)
 
Last edited:

tonerseller

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2013
Messages
508
Reaction score
0
Hi guys. I have been an inkjet user for years and years, my inkjet printer is starting to fall apart. I thought this might be an opportunity to jump over to laser printing. Is there anything I should about laser printing before purchasing one? I read a couple of replies, and it seems Fuji Xerox is the brand to go to. Where do you guys purchase your OEM/Compatible toners?

From me!!! Proven usable with lots of testimonial
:s12::s12:
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top