Really cannot get angry, heart attack is real.

  • Have you been Scammed?
    Follow this advisory from National Crime Prevention Council (NCPC) or call ScamShield Helpline 1799. More info
  • Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mental Health Helpline: 6389-2222 (24 hours) More info

IAmChiobu12M

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2020
Messages
26,613
Reaction score
19,049
should be fine , they just keeping you under observation for overnight as well just in case. If got emergency doctor attend to u ,that isnt a good thing already . If no other issues , think they will plan for outpatient specialist visit laters tmr and maybe u will see a doctor in the morning . Go take a rest dont think too much ! Weekend hospital is like that , saw a friend hospital post ntf very packed today .
Oh right totally forget is a Friday.
 

focus1974

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 12, 2007
Messages
91,039
Reaction score
32,696
Perhaps you have comprehension issues.

I am not referring to first hand experience in a public hospitals.

I am referring to TRAUMATISED first hand experience.

actually ... we always go to public hospital instead of private.
I trust public hospital system more.
hehe

i think i'm not alone.. you can never get Class A ward even if you request. very hot!
 

IAmChiobu12M

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2020
Messages
26,613
Reaction score
19,049
There is a pretty standard blood test they do for Troponin to detect heart damage. Maybe you can ask the nurse about the results when you see them
They did twice for me during a&e both is under 2 I think which they say is normal no visible danger.
 

IAmChiobu12M

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2020
Messages
26,613
Reaction score
19,049
It’s better to stay at least 8 hours observation ward at hospital to claim insurance, otherwise if discharge early will need to pay cash the a&e fee plus cost of any test or scans and medication. Won’t be worth the money. This is also why a&e is always crowded at observation area
Huh I alr forced discharged liao leh. As in I forced them discharge me
 

IAmChiobu12M

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2020
Messages
26,613
Reaction score
19,049
If she has paid the high premium for a pte shield with expensive rider/s, the logical thing for her to do is to admit herself into a pte hospital instead of being put on a temp bed in a public hospital. Leave that temp bed and B2 ward to someone who needs it more than her (from financial burden point of view for that someone really in needs).

*also, you don't know how traumatised one can get when in a public hospital while I experienced first hand.
I downgraded my plan ever since no longer full claim. Seems like many here dk all the hospitalizations plans has alr been override to 5% co-payment regardless what tokong plan you buy. Caz too many people abused it.

So idk why here all the comments keep say oh just go private enjoy la. Only corp insurance got full claims if you join a good coy.

A co-payment is the portion of your hospital bill that you must pay out-of-pocket, even after insurance claims. Since 2019, the Ministry of Health (MOH) has mandated that all new IP riders include a minimum 5% co-payment — to encourage prudent use of healthcare services and avoid overconsumption.
 

mummynew

Suspended
Joined
Apr 1, 2019
Messages
3,744
Reaction score
2,692
actually ... we always go to public hospital instead of private.
I trust public hospital system more.
hehe

i think i'm not alone.. you can never get Class A ward even if you request. very hot!


Not all experiences in public hospitals are traumatising but unfortunately mine extremely was.

*My parents dozen/s of hospitalisation episodes were all in public hospitals and generally OK except there were things that one has to swallow (in terms of facilities availability / waiting time / additional pain due to the wait etc).
 
Last edited:

mummynew

Suspended
Joined
Apr 1, 2019
Messages
3,744
Reaction score
2,692
I downgraded my plan ever since no longer full claim. Seems like many here dk all the hospitalizations plans has alr been override to 5% co-payment regardless what tokong plan you buy. Caz too many people abused it.

So idk why here all the comments keep say oh just go private enjoy la. Only corp insurance got full claims if you join a good coy.

A co-payment is the portion of your hospital bill that you must pay out-of-pocket, even after insurance claims. Since 2019, the Ministry of Health (MOH) has mandated that all new IP riders include a minimum 5% co-payment — to encourage prudent use of healthcare services and avoid overconsumption.

You need to hold the pte shield with rider/s in order to pay only 5%.

I have a bill of about $60K and paid 5% of about $3,000 that was paid via medisave. Then this $3000 claim from company (if company's health benefits reimburse this) and paid back to medisave.

If you do not hold a pte shield, then stay put in the public hospital else will add unnecessary financial burden.
 

IAmChiobu12M

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2020
Messages
26,613
Reaction score
19,049
You need to hold the pte shield with rider/s in order to pay only 5%.

I have a bill of about $60K and paid 5% of about $3,000 that was paid via medisave. Then this $3000 claim from company (if company's health benefits reimburse this) and paid back to medisave.

If you do not hold a pte shield, then stay put in the public hospital else will add unnecessary financial burden.
Yes. That is what my post say. I was covered up to private but I don't like got co-payment caz is still expensive so I downgraded. Caz either way I will not wanna use private until fully claimable but I don't have good coy benefits so I stay put public. But yes this is my first hospitalisation admissions is quite sianz all I do is wait.
 

watwherewhy

Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2008
Messages
147
Reaction score
139
They did twice for me during a&e both is under 2 I think which they say is normal no visible danger.
usually do once on admission and the other 8 hours apart, normal usually means clear liao no heart attack, so that is good news, unless it's angina, so maybe will give outpatient follow up but chio bu still young unlikely to have heart problem unless sway sway takotsubo syndrome. try to see open a bit.
 

Notbbfa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2017
Messages
17,808
Reaction score
9,873
ts after this incident you got consider job switch to be nurse ?
 

mummynew

Suspended
Joined
Apr 1, 2019
Messages
3,744
Reaction score
2,692
Huh I alr forced discharged liao leh. As in I forced them discharge me

Think hospital charges will be minimal for your short stay. There is a deductible of $2000 for your stay that can be paid with medisave (that I dont think your B2 bill will exceed this $2000).



Rest well!!

*Today is your first experience with public hospital admission (and yours was considered 'fast' coz you were sent in via ambulance and was given a temp bed quite 'timely'). One will get 'seasoned' with the system after several admission experiences (whether for self or closed ones) and accept that the wait is the norm (then learn to be patient). I would always have a nice novel with me whenever I needed to admit my parents to public hospital (I outside waiting and they inside observation ward waiting for beds). 从早上坐到晚上 and/or 从晚上坐到早上. Lucky I have nice siblings who would take turns to rotate the waiting hours.
 

Flipfloppork

Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2023
Messages
167
Reaction score
86
Have a good rest at home ! Can consider how you need to handle things in the future as well , put ur health being first also. Your still very young and all the pent up frustration will deteriorate your health very fast if not managed well ! Get some friends here to go out hang around ,dont be alone all the time, mind might wander too much. Go for those like group outings also with pple u know, Live long so u can spend the money u earn also ! :love:

I know sometimes its very fed up talking to elderly that thinks they know better, even scam victims that are being scammed sometimes dont trust their own family, had a friend case like that which she insist to send money over and her family had to call the police on her. Sometimes its also denial they cannot face it themselves of being scam. This is actually very common for scam victims.
 

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2009
Messages
22,005
Reaction score
11,566
TS, heed your lesson well and cut people like your mum out of your life. It is for the better. Blood being thicker than water does not hold much weight if it is not appreciated and reciprocated. Afterall, it is not your first lesson.

I have cut off long-term "friendships" for less than that.

Take good care of yourself first.
 

Notbbfa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2017
Messages
17,808
Reaction score
9,873
They put me at a temp bed at the ward caz the proper beds are full. At least I have a better place to rest liao.

Honestly quite annoyed reading all the comments are imh or siaolang like as if is a funny joke.
this one hwz, 99% unserious ppl one shouldn't take it personally

cannot change environment but can change ownself, if want serious care and concern maybe should go somewhere like reddit sg or flowerpod (is it still around) to post....
 

kodomo80

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2008
Messages
7,418
Reaction score
3,047
Ya that show especially, you should not watch. You watch liao will feel more pekcek. Hands don’t itchy go press ar
watch j drama better. at least the guys not so fake looking and the girls more chio
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top