- Apr 21, 2005
- Reaction score
Thanks for the long detailed posts. I don't intend to spend money unnecessarily. Currently Z407 is still what I will most likely buy. But I got an opportunity to borrow a sub to try, so will do so without incurring expense.
Why take the trouble? It is basically due to the following reasons:
1. For the last few years I have gone on the SFF route: ITX board inside a very small enclosure. Did away with graphics card and rely on Raven Ridge APU. External laptop style adapter. I believe wwenze is an expert in this area, as he advised me on the PSU many years ago.
2. Switching to a display with speakers is also to do with that thinking: try to consolidate and reduce things on my desk.
3. Initially I was thinking of two extra speakers: 2.0. But better than 2.0 is 0.1 under the desk.
Also, upon studying my MSI B350i pro ac mobo. I found the following:
1. I can see that in the realtek settings there is a dedicated "subwoofer out" selection.
2. There is a setting allowing me to limit the frequency output of the existing speakers by preventing it from going too low - e.g: I can cut out frequency less than 80 to 200Hz.
Most likely the test sub won't work. But if it produces acceptable results then I feel I would have taken one more step to a simpler PC setup.
Simpler PC setup?
Logitech Z120 for you?