SIM-University at Buffalo

Leenxylavender

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2014
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
Hi! Does anyone knows how does the credit exemptions Thing works? I just received my offer and there's nothing stated under the approved credit exemptions!

Hi! I've been a silent reader of this thread for awhile now haha. I too only recieved my acceptance on the same day as angelixal. and there wasnt any credit exemptions stated in my contract. so i called them up immediately and turns out credit exemptions will not be stated in the contract. credit exemptions and the transfer of credits will only be decided and finalised when we officially start school. she mentioned something about having a coordinater to help us get all the credit exemptions stuff sorted out when we start school. so no worries guys! :)
 

Xiang_87

Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2008
Messages
136
Reaction score
0
I have no idea how to share pictures here :/

Haha..maybe just tell us like..how many days a week and timing etc..:D

Hi! I've been a silent reader of this thread for awhile now haha. I too only recieved my acceptance on the same day as angelixal. and there wasnt any credit exemptions stated in my contract. so i called them up immediately and turns out credit exemptions will not be stated in the contract. credit exemptions and the transfer of credits will only be decided and finalised when we officially start school. she mentioned something about having a coordinater to help us get all the credit exemptions stuff sorted out when we start school. so no worries guys! :)

Hmm i really hope that is true haha..for RMIT it does show on the contract:s22:
 

HuiminxD

Junior Member
Joined
May 20, 2014
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Hi! I've been a silent reader of this thread for awhile now haha. I too only recieved my acceptance on the same day as angelixal. and there wasnt any credit exemptions stated in my contract. so i called them up immediately and turns out credit exemptions will not be stated in the contract. credit exemptions and the transfer of credits will only be decided and finalised when we officially start school. she mentioned something about having a coordinater to help us get all the credit exemptions stuff sorted out when we start school. so no worries guys! :)

Thank you so much!
 

HuiminxD

Junior Member
Joined
May 20, 2014
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Haha..maybe just tell us like..how many days a week and timing etc..:D



Hmm i really hope that is true haha..for RMIT it does show on the contract:s22:



From Monday to Friday. Monday is like 12-530, Tuesday 830-2, Wednesday 12-2, Thursday 12-530 and Friday 830-1130. It's like 3 hour lesson. 1.5 hour lecture the other 1.5 hour is consultation. Not sure if this is the finalised timetable for me but at least this is what is shown at the simconnect page for now.
 

Angelixal

Junior Member
Joined
May 17, 2014
Messages
82
Reaction score
0
Hey guys, btw we wont have any concession fare due to us being in a private institution right? :(
 

tdwj91

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2014
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Anybody from sociology? Also, can anybody tell me how to check our timetable from sim connect? I just got the log-in details and stuff today but I'm utterly confused by the entire portal >.<

Under "UB NEWS" I clicked "2014 FALL_Timetable (As of 8 July 2014)", it says:

For new admission FALL 2014 students, please take note of the following:

1) Modules you will be taking are reflected in the invoice sent to you with the offer package (unless otherwise informed by your programme executive).

2) Please download the overall timetable and customise it by sieving out relevant courses and sections for your own use.

----

I don't get it!! :( Can someone help explain? Isn't there an individual timetable?
 

Leenxylavender

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2014
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
Oh..where do u see the timetable? i cant seem to find mine:(

Its under UB news. Click on the fall timetable. But its a little confusing. I think after the orientation and the workshop it will be more clear.

Did you guys see the booklist? The books are expensive!!
 

Leenxylavender

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2014
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
Anybody from sociology? Also, can anybody tell me how to check our timetable from sim connect? I just got the log-in details and stuff today but I'm utterly confused by the entire portal >.<

Under "UB NEWS" I clicked "2014 FALL_Timetable (As of 8 July 2014)", it says:

For new admission FALL 2014 students, please take note of the following:

1) Modules you will be taking are reflected in the invoice sent to you with the offer package (unless otherwise informed by your programme executive).

2) Please download the overall timetable and customise it by sieving out relevant courses and sections for your own use.

----

I don't get it!! :( Can someone help explain? Isn't there an individual timetable?

Hey! I believe there is a individual timetable. If you check out the 'my apps' of simconnect, you will see the individual timetable template. But for now there isn't going to be one because we haven't registered for classes. We can only register for classes after the freshmen workshop on 22nd Aug, when we get all the transfer credit stuff settled and we know which modules we are required to take. :) Don't fret just yet ^^

and oh ya, anyone noticed the freshmen workshop details? What happens if I'm a double major in BA psy and BA comms? Do i have to go to both workshop? :eek:
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top