SIMBA Fibre Broadband

kennethoka

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,082
Reaction score
165
ahh , nope did not sign anything yesterday. just receive whatsapp reminder ONT 9-12 today .. still not here lol .. will they come and realise no NLT ytd ?
Then that will depend on the communication between NLT and Simba. If Simba never check back NLT on the activation, then it might have a chance Simba come down for the installation and your internet is not working due to the port is not activated.
 

identity_1991

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
8,882
Reaction score
5,740
I'm using Whizcomm 1Gbps ONT mode, had upgraded to 2.5Gbps but not yet reset ONT, in order to enjoy 2.5Gbps need to reset my ONT to ONR mode... and is 2.5 split on all the ports on the ONR..
contract ending jun... now paying $35+

So now try Simba .... but I see the speedtest... like very unstable like this... at time uppppp... at time lowwww
I’m currently paying $34 a month. Thinking of signing up simba. But I see Whizzcomm now got the 2.5gbps fibre plus plan that’s $21.80 per month promo leh. If I renew to this plan, no need pay for netlink activation or whizzcomm activation. Basically saving $100+ which is equivalent to 5 months of subscription.
 

Edz_Sg

Member
Joined
May 3, 2010
Messages
457
Reaction score
19
I’m currently paying $34 a month. Thinking of signing up simba. But I see Whizzcomm now got the 2.5gbps fibre plus plan that’s $21.80 per month promo leh. If I renew to this plan, no need pay for netlink activation or whizzcomm activation. Basically saving $100+ which is equivalent to 5 months of subscription.
True, but Whizcomm they spread 2.5Gbps over the ports mean on the ONR , 1 port to router(max speed 1Gbps) for wifi... 1 port to another device... and another to another one...

for Simba, 1 port 2.5Gbps, if router you get WAN support 2.5Gbps ... then will be max usage

but Simba, is using Shared IP....... if gamer... tio/kannah ban IP...all user using this IP will have issue playing too
 

given

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2002
Messages
6,665
Reaction score
384
whats the recommended router ah ? the ONT guy tried to sell 1 for $250+ .. semi 2.5gbps
 

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,508
Reaction score
12,374
whats the recommended router ah ? the ONT guy tried to sell 1 for $250+ .. semi 2.5gbps

It is better to get routers will dual or more 2.5G ports, like Asus TUF-AX6000 or GT-AX6000, or you can get cheaper China versions (Asus TX-AX6000, Xiaomi BE7000, etc).
 
Last edited:

identity_1991

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
8,882
Reaction score
5,740
True, but Whizcomm they spread 2.5Gbps over the ports mean on the ONR , 1 port to router(max speed 1Gbps) for wifi... 1 port to another device... and another to another one...

for Simba, 1 port 2.5Gbps, if router you get WAN support 2.5Gbps ... then will be max usage

but Simba, is using Shared IP....... if gamer... tio/kannah ban IP...all user using this IP will have issue playing too
yea correct. but everyone in my family uses wifi. no lan. so i think i’ll just recontract with whizcomm
 

given

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2002
Messages
6,665
Reaction score
384
It is better to get routers will dual or more 2.5G ports, like Asus TUF-AX6000 or GT-AX6000, or you can get cheaper China versions (Asus TX-6000, Xiaomi BE7000, etc).
jialat .. now buy probably wont be able to get until 1 month later .. CNY period .. u guys buy from TB right?
 

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2002
Messages
60,204
Reaction score
3,609
jialat .. now buy probably wont be able to get until 1 month later .. CNY period .. u guys buy from TB right?
I got asus tx-Ax6000 from taobao weeks ago.. Recieved few days ago.. Now u order prepare for delay.. Most shops in taobao already closed and in holiday mood. Price is abt 150 for Asus tx-Ax6000 or the xiaomi be7000. Xiaomi is wifi 7 router with 4 x 2.5g lan port but only Chinese interface. I go with Asus as I am more familiar with their interface. The local version AX6000 is selling at 300.
 
Last edited:

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2002
Messages
60,204
Reaction score
3,609
Just install... Highest is only like this for speed test inside router.. of web browser speed test

is using wifi 6 router.. My phone only get 300mbps only for wifi. Is something I set wrongly?
 
Last edited:

given

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2002
Messages
6,665
Reaction score
384
Just install... Highest is only like this for speed test inside router.. of web browser speed test

is using wifi 6 router.. My phone only get 300mbps only for wifi. Is something I set wrongly?

hi what router are you using ?
 

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2002
Messages
60,204
Reaction score
3,609
I managed to solve why mine wifi only 200~300mpbs...i switched to wpa2/ wpa3 and disabled my adguard in the phone and got 1.xmbps near to router.

For lan.. If I select adguard vpn in the router I can get above 2gpbs in speed test..
 

laokorkor

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2022
Messages
722
Reaction score
536
I need to consult you network experts here. I'm thinking of switching to Simba.

I'm currently using Whizcomms 1gbps and pretty satisfied with it. Running Ookla speed test, I managed to get 800mbps.

However, doing downloads of Google Drive files yield speeds of less than 200mbps, which looks slow. Isn't Google Drive purely file serving only and the data centers are located in Singapore? Has Whizcomms/Google throttled the bandwidth? Anyone has similar experience?

If even Google Drive file downloads are so slow, there's really no point upgrading to Simba or even MyRepublic 10gbps. What do you guys think?
 

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,508
Reaction score
12,374
I need to consult you network experts here. I'm thinking of switching to Simba.

I'm currently using Whizcomms 1gbps and pretty satisfied with it. Running Ookla speed test, I managed to get 800mbps.

However, doing downloads of Google Drive files yield speeds of less than 200mbps, which looks slow. Isn't Google Drive purely file serving only and the data centers are located in Singapore? Has Whizcomms/Google throttled the bandwidth? Anyone has similar experience?

If even Google Drive file downloads are so slow, there's really no point upgrading to Simba or even MyRepublic 10gbps. What do you guys think?

I believe only Whizcomms (and maybe Singtel) throttles Google Drive download speed. Previous report by a Whizcomms user was about 400Mbps. Please also take note that both Singtel and Whizcomms throttle BT traffic as well.

MyRepublic and Viewquest in general do not throttle download speed as per the reports.

If you care for throttling of Internet Traffice, the following observation is roughly correct. No idea about SIMBA as it is new.
VQ = MR > M1 > Starhub > Singtel >= Whizcomms
 
Last edited:

laokorkor

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2022
Messages
722
Reaction score
536
I believe only Whizcomms (and maybe Singtel) throttles Google Drive download speed. Previous report by a Whizcomms user was about 400Mbps. Please also take note that both Singtel and Whizcomms throttle BT traffic as well.

MyRepublic and Viewquest in general do not throttle download speed as per the reports.

If you care for throttling of Internet Traffice, the following observation is roughly correct. No idea about SIMBA as it is new.
VQ = MR > M1 > Starhub > Singtel >= Whizcomms
Even local traffic also want to throttle, really a bit 说不过去, but since it's cheap I'll accept the fate, lol!
 

OnePunch!!

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2019
Messages
1,416
Reaction score
175
Then that will depend on the communication between NLT and Simba. If Simba never check back NLT on the activation, then it might have a chance Simba come down for the installation and your internet is not working due to the port is not activated.
wow 😲😳 so messy still worth to sign up how is the speed for steaming 4k movies or YouTube?
 

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2002
Messages
60,204
Reaction score
3,609
wow 😲😳 so messy still worth to sign up how is the speed for steaming 4k movies or YouTube?
not bad..my NLT tech came and check the signal quality and next day ONT insallation. tech brought few set of new routers want to sell me ...but i bought from taobao already at a cheaper more value for money price. So far got 1.6~2.1gbpss for lan desktop. for wirelesss 1.2gbps for android phone and 800+ for iphone. Take note yr hardware all need to support.. like router etc
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top