SIMBA Fibre Broadband

laokorkor

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2022
Messages
720
Reaction score
536
This is quite far from reality 😂 all things considered, price, customer service, public IPv4, Ipv6 availability and reliability
From my understanding, Seedly is a website mostly about money, i.e. how to earn, save, spend, invest etc. Therefore, regarding broadband purchase, the users at Seedly, like me, focus mostly on price or value-for-money. The users there are most likely not power users, they're just regular folks.

I'm a software engineer and I still do not see a need for IPv4, IPv6, ONT etc.
 

sglandscape

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2023
Messages
6,153
Reaction score
2,973
From my understanding, Seedly is a website mostly about money, i.e. how to earn, save, spend, invest etc. Therefore, regarding broadband purchase, the users at Seedly, like me, focus mostly on price or value-for-money. The users there are most likely not power users, they're just regular folks.

I'm a software engineer and I still do not see a need for IPv4, IPv6, ONT etc.
You probably do not take your work home then, or have to test stuff from home.
 

laokorkor

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2022
Messages
720
Reaction score
536
You probably do not take your work home then, or have to test stuff from home.
I take home my company laptop, I don't have a personal laptop. At home:

- the company vpn works
- the tunneling works
- the company git repository is accessible
- DNS to company private servers all works
- Oracle rdbms is accessible
- code/build/run/debug all works
 

laokorkor

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2022
Messages
720
Reaction score
536
For the past 12 years, I work at 3 companies and access my company networks behind firewall using various means as stipulated by the companies. All works.

During these times, I'm on either Singtel or Whizcomms broadband.
 

given

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2002
Messages
6,665
Reaction score
384
No internet access still since 26th March , no response from SIMBA email, FB, IG
 

given

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2002
Messages
6,665
Reaction score
384
Come 7pm later today marks the 6th day without usable internet service. It’s not unstable connection, it’s literally unusable 0.1mbps d/l and u/l speed straight for 6 days. And of course still no response from SIMBA despite sending multiple emails, fb and ig messages, I even comment on their ad post every time I see it and nope they just ignore
 

Xuexunn

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2017
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Come 7pm later today marks the 6th day without usable internet service. It’s not unstable connection, it’s literally unusable 0.1mbps d/l and u/l speed straight for 6 days. And of course still no response from SIMBA despite sending multiple emails, fb and ig messages, I even comment on their ad post every time I see it and nope they just ignore
7 days no internet…
 

slash

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
840
Reaction score
39
If you do not mind using an ONR, then you can go with Whzicomms 2.5Gbps, same price at S$21.80 per month, 12 months contract.
https://whizcomms.com.sg/

SIMBA 2.5Gbps vs Whizcomms 2.5Gbps plan
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...nd-whizcomm-boradband.6984714/#post-150697339
Thanks! But then Whizcomms is aggretated 2.5Gbps... then my Asus router can only use as Wifi AP...
Is there a way to achieve more than 1Gbps? Say use a router or switch that has aggregated ports? Suppose that's not easy plug and play right? I won't be able to set it up myself...
 

slash

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
840
Reaction score
39
94 hours now.

2 yrs actually not too bad. SIMBA already 12 months contract with no hotline to call, support email reply once a day, provide 0 technical support and literally dont give a damn about you and worst you have to pay 6 months subscription in advance. unless you really need that 2.5gbps, otherwise currently in the market only Starhub is offering fees wavier on installation/activation with 1gbps at $39/month only. i am seriously considering that if they allow me to self collect and self install so that i can have access to internet asap.
too bad whizzcomm wont waive the fees, otherwise would have gone for that too.
GG... Actually if I subscribe to Simba and Whizcomms, both fees add up still cheaper than my current Myrepublic price. Unless I sign another 24mths to lower the fees... that time i sign up their so called gamer plan, not much diff from Starhub normal plan... then after, they got bought over by Starhub ... 😞
 

given

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2002
Messages
6,665
Reaction score
384
GG... Actually if I subscribe to Simba and Whizcomms, both fees add up still cheaper than my current Myrepublic price. Unless I sign another 24mths to lower the fees... that time i sign up their so called gamer plan, not much diff from Starhub normal plan... then after, they got bought over by Starhub ... 😞
don't know about Whizzcomm, but seriously do not sign up SIMBA. not just about the internet, their customer service support basically is zero. come tomorrow will be 8th day without usable internet and they still don't reply, refuse to call me on my phone to talk, refuse to send technician down. even if it is to pretend to check or replace another ONT or at least do something also don't want.

btw anyone else affected ah? besides me and xuexunn ..
 

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2002
Messages
60,189
Reaction score
3,605
don't know about Whizzcomm, but seriously do not sign up SIMBA. not just about the internet, their customer service support basically is zero. come tomorrow will be 8th day without usable internet and they still don't reply, refuse to call me on my phone to talk, refuse to send technician down. even if it is to pretend to check or replace another ONT or at least do something also don't want.

btw anyone else affected ah? besides me and xuexunn ..
Really suay.. Let this be a reminder to those who wants to sign simba... Really dogs inside... All keep quiet.. Then when issue solve all come out to bark.
 

alex22

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2001
Messages
26,528
Reaction score
7,668
don't know about Whizzcomm, but seriously do not sign up SIMBA. not just about the internet, their customer service support basically is zero. come tomorrow will be 8th day without usable internet and they still don't reply, refuse to call me on my phone to talk, refuse to send technician down. even if it is to pretend to check or replace another ONT or at least do something also don't want.

btw anyone else affected ah? besides me and xuexunn ..
Any chance u tested with different FO cord uncoiled?
 

given

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2002
Messages
6,665
Reaction score
384
Any chance u tested with different FO cord uncoiled?
Sry what do you mean uncoiled? U mean then yellow fibre optic cable that came with ? How to uncoil ?

I mean I am not the only one with this issue though, what are the chances few ppl have the same hardware issues right after their outage on the 26th March
 

alex22

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2001
Messages
26,528
Reaction score
7,668
Sry what do you mean uncoiled? U mean then yellow fibre optic cable that came with ? How to uncoil ?

I mean I am not the only one with this issue though, what are the chances few ppl have the same hardware issues right after their outage on the 26th March
Yup that. Isit uncoiled or u have another one to test before?

Cos if the cable is bent beyond its allowed radius, ot spoils the signal
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top