SIMBA Fibre Broadband

given

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2002
Messages
6,665
Reaction score
384
Yup that. Isit uncoiled or u have another one to test before?

Cos if the cable is bent beyond its allowed radius, ot spoils the signal
Hmm the cable is not twisted or coiled, furthermore I never ever touch them, just leaving them there as it is. I will try again tonight with another FO wire and see how. But the speed I am getting ..
 

Xuexunn

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2017
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Hmm the cable is not twisted or coiled, furthermore I never ever touch them, just leaving them there as it is. I will try again tonight with another FO wire and see how. But the speed I am getting ..
8 days no internet…

I will also try the above suggestion and to maybe use back the previous service provider FO.
 

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
9,606
Reaction score
191
Change FO, reset ONT, reboot router, change LAN cable. Still not working… today will be the 9 days no internet.
If there is no red light on ONT can rule out FO cable/fiber issue.

Have you tried direct connection to ONT to rule out router issue?
 

given

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2002
Messages
6,665
Reaction score
384
Day 9 without usable internet connection. 2 days since their last email reply to me despite, 1 day since their Facebook reply, which are the same reply of relevant team is checking the case. No updates, refused to send technician down, refused to compensate, just pure endless waiting clueless
 

given

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2002
Messages
6,665
Reaction score
384
If there is no red light on ONT can rule out FO cable/fiber issue.

Have you tried direct connection to ONT to rule out router issue?
Tried direct Ethernet cable from ont to pc same result.

How did IMDA allow SIMBA to operate without a team of technicians whether in house or outsourced or a service recovery team
 

powerxbox

Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2005
Messages
499
Reaction score
2
I just had the tec guy from Simba to install the ONT, With direct wired connection to the ONT i only got like 1600+ Mbps. I am in Tampines area.
 

sky1978

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2005
Messages
745
Reaction score
457

laokorkor

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2022
Messages
720
Reaction score
536
For $20 i am find with it.
Totally agree. My Google Drive, workplace company server over VPN, etc. can't even hit 200mbps. However, my ISP's 1gbps broadband is already pretty usable as is, it's about time I stop running Ookla speed test after speed test and asking myself why the tests return 800mbps instead of 900mbps! It's just a total waste of time and resources. Give your ISP and yourself a break if things work!
 

sky1978

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2005
Messages
745
Reaction score
457

Pengsp

Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2007
Messages
187
Reaction score
23
Just got Simba installed today, the feed back here sound skeptic. Let see how it go. This is my test result after the upgrade from M1- 500mbps (~$30). I think it is good for average user, just need to see the reliability. I think they have to be certain standard. Otherwise, can complain to the IMDA. The installation guy got ~1900 when he changed server, not sure which one. I am in Central area.
Test-result-Right-port.jpg
 
Last edited:

sky1978

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2005
Messages
745
Reaction score
457
Just got Simba installed today, the feed back here sound skeptic. Let see how it go. This is my test result after the upgrade from M1500mbps. I think it is good for average user, just need to see the reliability. I think they have to be certain standard. Otherwise, can complain to the IMDA. The installation guy got ~1900 when he changed server, not sure which one. I am in Central area.
Test-result-Right-port.jpg

Someone already mentioned earlier that it is hard to get good speed with servers located in Singapore and suggested using Digi Malaysia server.

For simba speedtest.. Choose malaysia digi servers.. Can get 1.5 to 1.8gbps for wireless if yr phone and router support wifi 6... I can't get good speed for local servers.. Dun know why.. The last local server is GSL server... But this server is no more in speedtest.

The writer of the below article also tried testing with the Digi Malaysia server and got above 2000Mbps, so the best guess (from the article) seems to be certain local servers might be capping the speed.

https://en.ocworkbench.com/simba-2-5-gbps-fibre-broadband-installation-and-hands-on-test/
 

Pengsp

Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2007
Messages
187
Reaction score
23
I just realized that I was testing using 1Gbps default port, just added 2.5Gbps network card onto my desktop & direct modem wired to the new card. I think I am more than happy with the results and it is only $20. The only thing need to confirm is the stability. By the way, they also called to confirm the timing and send Whatsapp message. I guess we can reach out through them via that Whatsapp.
image-2024-04-03-220146165.png
 

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,366
Reaction score
12,309
Maybe they busy tuning how to offer 10Gbps. They mentioned this in their result announcement that 10Gbps is coming.

https://data-api.marketindex.com.au...f/inline/fy24-half-year-investor-presentation

They also reported 1200 Fiber customer orders as of mid-March 2024 and 70% of them activated, so their fibre customer base is not that big anyway.

Interesting info.

From the presentation:
Focus on transition to 10Gbps fibre broadband offering and ramping up customer acquisition
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top