Singtel Mesh Router

boobip

Reaction score
I think I'm probably the odd one out who got a good Nokia Beacon 1 lol. But I think most likely it's because I place my routers above chest level, thanks to the TV shelf with 2 open compartments up top. But most importantly, I'm rid of the Aztech Router! bwahhahahaha

Thanks xiaofan for your insights! Greatly appreciated! : )

tekster

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any of u using the round singtel brand mesh router? who is the original maker of this rpund router?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any of u using the round singtel brand mesh router? who is the original maker of this rpund router?

The round shape one is SingTel Mesh Extender AC2600.

SingTel Mesh Router is rectangle shape.

Both are OEM from Arcadyan. Arcadyan is also the OEM of the past lousy SingTel Routers like AC Elite and AC Plus.

coldfreeze

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
@xiaofan, I notice the Singtel Mesh Router does not come with IPTV signal lights, so my guess is that it has to work as just an AP with the Nokia ONR (set top box connected directly to ONR port) that's usually supplied together by Singtel? Or can it be configured to work with my ALU ONT?

*Ohhh.... just found this, it works with ONT out of the box as well, silly me :p

JPcmeux.jpg

I've not noticed this diagram before. I have an ONR, but my Singtel TV box is connected to the Mesh Router, and the mesh Router is connected to the ONR. Kind of like the ONT version of the diagram. My Singtel TV and Fibre both still works.

Is there any disadvantage of inadvertently connecting the Singtel TV box to the Singtel Mesh Router instead of to the ONR directly?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've not noticed this diagram before. I have an ONR, but my Singtel TV box is connected to the Mesh Router, and the mesh Router is connected to the ONR. Kind of like the ONT version of the diagram. My Singtel TV and Fibre both still works.

Is there any disadvantage of inadvertently connecting the Singtel TV box to the Singtel Mesh Router instead of to the ONR directly?

No disadvantage. It works either way.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For SingTel ONR users, if you put the ONR in DB box, and you only have one LAN port in the living room console area, then SingTel Mesh Router or other SingTel supported router has an advantage.

ONR -- SingTel Mesh Router (AP mode) -- SingTel TV box

For 3rd party router, only Netgear Orbi and Linksys E9450 can support SingTel TV box in the above configuration.

ONR -- Netgear Orbi or Linksys E9450 (AP mode) -- SingTel TV box

For other routers like Asus, the following will not work. You have to connect SingTel TV box to the ONR. But then you can not put the wireless router in the console area if you have only one LAN port.

ONR -- 3rd party router like Asus or TP-Link (AP mode) -- SingTel TV box → NOT WORKING

tekster

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The round shape one is SingTel Mesh Extender AC2600.

SingTel Mesh Router is rectangle shape.

Both are OEM from Arcadyan. Arcadyan is also the OEM of the past lousy SingTel Routers like AC Elite and AC Plus.
thks. i was wondering who's the OEM.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.