Starhub Giga

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
Sorry what is vowifi supposed to be for? I tried to Google, it says using wifi to make voice calls? It means free not deducting the call minutes???
 

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2001
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
1,689
Sorry what is vowifi supposed to be for? I tried to Google, it says using wifi to make voice calls? It means free not deducting the call minutes???
Something like skype or home digital tel. But your phone and telco must support the feature.
 

SibehHL

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2016
Messages
2,101
Reaction score
374
VoLTE actually is to reduce the Mobile phone base station network load and pass your mobile phone call to your house WIFI network.

- This is helpful if you are having poor 3/4G coverage. This allow incoming and outgoing call via your WIFI network.
So VoLTE only worked in a WIFI environment? :unsure: 🤔...
 

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
Just curious over the volte and vowifi. If say I am indoors where I can have both data and wifi, wifi speed vs giga data speed aside. Is there any significant difference between the two? And how I know if vowifi is activated on my phone???
I have tried turning off my data on my Giga sim, turned on wifi. Connected on wifi, I still see the volte icon on my Poco F1 lor...
 

hk7310

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2006
Messages
1,017
Reaction score
75
Just curious over the volte and vowifi. If say I am indoors where I can have both data and wifi, wifi speed vs giga data speed aside. Is there any significant difference between the two? And how I know if vowifi is activated on my phone???
I have tried turning off my data on my Giga sim, turned on wifi. Connected on wifi, I still see the volte icon on my Poco F1 lor...

If i understand correctly, this should be worked in this way:

1. VoLTE - call and data work concurrently, and yet give a clear calling experience

2. VoWiFi - when telco signal is not reachable, you are still able to make/receive a land call if there is a wifi connection. However, the call (minute) will be deducted from your call quota allocated.
 

sadboy

Master Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2000
Messages
2,916
Reaction score
179
So VoLTE only worked in a WIFI environment? :unsure: 🤔...
sorry i was sleeping i delete my post to avoid confusing. i was type last reply when someone called me about wifi issue at office.


VoLTE - Stay on 4G while making phone call.

So the device dun need to switch between 3G and 4G therefore

- Faster call connection
- Don't slow down your data while on phone call. (like people called you and u try to check something on your phone)
 

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
If i understand correctly, this should be worked in this way:

1. VoLTE - call and data work concurrently, and yet give a clear calling experience

2. VoWiFi - when telco signal is not reachable, you are still able to make/receive a land call if there is a wifi connection. However, the call (minute) will be deducted from your call quota allocated.
I see what it means now. I think this will be useful for those very ulu location companies especially. So this VoWiFi maybe still not that much applicable in my case.

But thanks for explanation, good to know more. :D
 

slashiroth

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2012
Messages
570
Reaction score
4
I have 2 exact phone and setting with 2 different Giga number. But only one is showing the volte even though both is enabled
 

Apex

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,509
Reaction score
250
Seems like VoWIFI enable. I can now call out via WIFI.

Enable WIFI call on iOS
AqP4Cp2.jpg


Test Call on WIFI (phone airplane) U see Starhub Wi-FI
2YH0JGL.jpg



pigXxI4.gif




Outgoing call made via VoWIFI is deducted from your bundle airtime. (incoming is free) Make total 3 outgoing test call from my 500mins bundle airtime

dnWRlOK.jpg
 
Last edited:

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2001
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
1,689
Sad... still nothing on my Pixel 4a :cry:
No even on my S10e ( sd855 )
 
Last edited:

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
Now that Giga has volte, i think one less complain from the customer liao. Actually I switched from SH to Giga knowing it will be crippled without volte, but i am fine with the lower subscription price and more data as compared to the SH plan i had. Now Giga has volte too, I think i am a happy customer already. :D
Though I doubt I will sign up a 2nd line with Giga for work, because it makes more sense to have a different telco/mvno in case one fails.
 

alchemist_acid

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2008
Messages
33,703
Reaction score
2,865
what do you mean call forwarding? This should be able to set on most mobile phone?
aka call diverting?

i used to be able to do it, until i changed to giga.
googled "giga call forward site:forums.hardwarezone.com.sg" and found that there are people here with the same problem
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top