Additional Test - Bridge Test
I just want to thank you for the detailed and excellent tutorial. Really help me alot.
Just want to share my experience. I chose MaxInfinity Ultimate. My connection: (ONT) LAN Port 1 -> (HG256s) WAN Port
(HG256s) LAN Port 1 -> (ESR9850) WAN Port
(ESR9850) LAN Port 1 -> D-Link DHP-306AV (principal socket)
D-Link DHP-306AV - > D-Link DHP-W306AV
D-Link DHP-W306AV - > wired to pc
[I followed your example and upgraded one of the 2dBi antenna with a 2.4GHz 8dBi Indoor Desktop Omni-directional Antenna. the shop didnt have 5dBi antenna that attaches directly to the router

. One 8dBi antenna cost $30 so I decided to get one only and try to stretch the antenna as close to my room as possible.]
From Starhub Speed test, I could only get:
Download Speed: 40361 kbps (5045.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 41676 kbps (5209.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
PING: 36 ms
Maybe there is too much interference from my tv and other components near my router. I'm not sure, tomorrow the tech will be replacing my HG256s to DVG-N5402SP. Hopefully I will get a better wireless range.