I mean EC price will went up in the future. In the space of roughly 5 to 8 years EC price went up to at least $200 to $400k. I regret last time I no buy where $500k plus can get 3 beded Liao.
I first looked at ECs in the early 2000s and I agree that they were so cheap compared to now, cheaper than many 5-rm HDBs are being sold for. I blame the private property market for this because of all the foreign investors and speculation. With all the extra measures the EC prices will not go up as much.
Let me give you an example:
Before 2010, the last EC plot in 2004 was sold for a mere $150psf (La Casa).
In 2010, EC plots were sold at an average of close to $300 psf.
That extra money paid by the developers that goes to YOU-KNOW-WHO comes from OUR pockets.
Subsequently, the numerous EC plots sold in the last few years have been sold around $300-380 psf, except for the last two (Treasure Crest and Northwave) which might have dropped due to demand and/or location.
IMO, the prices for new ECs are likely to have peaked and will not go beyond the current prices.