What is your networth?

What is your networth?

  • 1. Negative

    Votes: 68 24.6%
  • 2. S$1-$500K

    Votes: 49 17.8%
  • 3 S$500k -S$1mil

    Votes: 37 13.4%
  • 4. S$1 -2 mil

    Votes: 42 15.2%
  • 5. S$2-5mil

    Votes: 40 14.5%
  • 6. S$ above 5 mil

    Votes: 57 20.7%

  • Total voters
    276

1982-1994

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2016
Messages
50,401
Reaction score
25,323
Aiyoh, never knew Sg guys are into such mushy things.

The lovey Dovey things I do with my family are sacred and private to us like our code words. I wouldn't share it.
Not expecting you to share your sacred stuffs lah
Still very disturbing to see majority putting themselves as negative networth.
Not everyone earns $200k/yr as you
 

cyke69sg

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2005
Messages
39,731
Reaction score
20,741
Circular argument. I just said, delight oneself with their loved ones. Spouse, kids, parents. Because these are the things that matter. These are the things that when lying on one's deathbed, one wishes he/she spent more time with. I have never heard of anyone dying in their deathbed regretting they didn't close that $2m contract.

You just haven't seen enough people dying in their deathbed.
There are people who regret not making more money on their deathbed.

Money matters when you need the money to do the things that are also important. Helping someone buy a roof over their heads needs money. Helping homeless friends and relatives. Helping hungry people with no food.

It is just that in SG these two things are unheard of as SG is one of the wealthiest countries in the world.

Easy to say that money not important when you are not homeless and starving.
 

cyke69sg

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2005
Messages
39,731
Reaction score
20,741
This maybe true if the person making the lower income is spending above what his income allows and can fall back on the spouse. In my case, I think my income and wealth is sufficient even if I am a middle income earner as my spending is low. I don't hv to depend on her for money.

Put it this way. If your wife didnt work at all and made no income, is your income alone sufficient that you have no money worries like you say you do now? Eg for retirement. For emergency. What if you had to stop working due to illness?

SG still very patriarchal. No one bats an eye or gets defensive if it is the man who makes 500k and wife doesnt work.
 

MoeLanYong

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2019
Messages
34,822
Reaction score
32,683
You just haven't seen enough people dying in their deathbed.
There are people who regret not making more money on their deathbed.

Money matters when you need the money to do the things that are also important. Helping someone buy a roof over their heads needs money. Helping homeless friends and relatives. Helping hungry people with no food.

It is just that in SG these two things are unheard of as SG is one of the wealthiest countries in the world.

Easy to say that money not important when you are not homeless and starving.

The data is from a minister who has presided over thousands at their deathbeds.

I never said money is not important. I said Don't love it.

Let me ask you a question. If the love of money is the root of all evil, if you are the Devil, what will you do?
 

1982-1994

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2016
Messages
50,401
Reaction score
25,323
Every time I see this kind of thread
Not sien meh
Compare for what?

Life is only about $$?
More $ is happier?
I have no money and not in my best of health too (maybe ignorance is a bliss) but I guess, being laid back makes me a happier person too
If the love of money is the root of all evil, if you are the Devil, what will you do?
Make money non existent
 

MoeLanYong

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2019
Messages
34,822
Reaction score
32,683
Make money non existent

"The love of money is the root of all evil. "

If I am the Devil, I will make people love money. Then their lives will have many evil. Ruin them. Come love money!

Evil:
Quarrel with their spouse over money. Quarrel with their parents over money. Quarrel with everyone over money etc. Cheat lie steal for money.
 

1982-1994

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2016
Messages
50,401
Reaction score
25,323
"The love of money is the root of all evil. "

If I am the Devil, I will make people love money. Then their lives will have many evil. Ruin them. Come love money!

Evil:
Quarrel with their spouse over money. Quarrel with their parents over money. Quarrel with everyone over money etc. Cheat lie steal for money.
In short, Heng I have a wife who doesn't mind me being poor
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top