Why tradepac sell so cheap?

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2013
Messages
11,578
Reaction score
540
So other than Tradepac any other cheap places to buy stuff?

Something like 2nd cheapest.

I've only bought a set of HDD, CPU, mobo and RAM from Tradepac and they charged me what was stated on the price list.

Depending on the type of system you're building, sometimes you're better off getting certain single item purchase from another shop instead of getting your complete set from TP
 
Joined
Sep 21, 2010
Messages
215
Reaction score
0
Why does tradepac at sls sells the components so cheap compare to the rest?
Is it 2nd handed or other wise

This was my experience dealing with Tradepac.

Went down to Tradepac with a friend yesterday, a guy with hair longer the rest of the staff attended to me. As I was going for a budget build, yet wanting to be a little future proof I had my eyes set onto the MSI Z97 Guard Pro + i5 4690. Firstly, he recommended me the MSI B85 however, I had already bought a 1866MHZ ram so I told him I wanted the MSI Z97 Guard Pro. He told me no stock and offered me the ASROCK Z87 KILLER. As my colour scheme for my build was blue, I told him that I wanted the MSI Z97 Guard Pro. (I know I damn mafan but as I said, I liked the MSI Z97 Guard Pro)

He made a few calls here and there (don't know real or not) and asked his colleagues. Then quoted me 480 for mobo + cpu. As I knew PCT was selling it at 473(?) I pretended to walk away like three or four times before he dropped the price to 470. Didn't purchase it ytd as honestly, I would purchase it from PCT for $3 more.

Went down to Tradepac once again today, with another friend (ah neh) who was quite familiar with one of the staff there due to his relative being a frequent customer. Was quoted 457 (without telling them we were gonna purchase two sets) today. We had to pay in cash, and they required us to deposit any amount before going down to withdraw. In the end, bought 2 mobo + cpu sets, 1tb wd blue, 2tb wd green and CM 212X. However, the mobo need to collect next week. (So have or don't have the mobo yesterday?)

Well, it's just my personal experience dealing with Tradepac as I am a newbie. Further illustrates that the pricing they have on the price list wasn't quoted to me on both occasions but its evidently better to have a friend who knows the staff to get a slightly better pricing. :s8:
 

brightside

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2007
Messages
1,065
Reaction score
1
If i just get CPU+MOBO from TP, will it be same price as their price list? Might get monitor from them too.
 

FatalityV

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2009
Messages
24,921
Reaction score
10
If i just get CPU+MOBO from TP, will it be same price as their price list? Might get monitor from them too.

no, + 20$ or so.

+ monitor also no use. You must buy a full rig.

I ever bought a full rig excluding gpu from them before and they charged me 20 extra for mobo
 

trento

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2007
Messages
65,614
Reaction score
3,143
If i just get CPU+MOBO from TP, will it be same price as their price list? Might get monitor from them too.

Price list is not the main thing. Most important it's cheaper than other stores
 

Assault

Master Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2005
Messages
3,883
Reaction score
1,740
SHIKSHINISM!♥'24';92953675 said:
This was my experience dealing with Tradepac.

Went down to Tradepac with a friend yesterday, a guy with hair longer the rest of the staff attended to me. As I was going for a budget build, yet wanting to be a little future proof I had my eyes set onto the MSI Z97 Guard Pro + i5 4690. Firstly, he recommended me the MSI B85 however, I had already bought a 1866MHZ ram so I told him I wanted the MSI Z97 Guard Pro. He told me no stock and offered me the ASROCK Z87 KILLER. As my colour scheme for my build was blue, I told him that I wanted the MSI Z97 Guard Pro. (I know I damn mafan but as I said, I liked the MSI Z97 Guard Pro)

He made a few calls here and there (don't know real or not) and asked his colleagues. Then quoted me 480 for mobo + cpu. As I knew PCT was selling it at 473(?) I pretended to walk away like three or four times before he dropped the price to 470. Didn't purchase it ytd as honestly, I would purchase it from PCT for $3 more.

Went down to Tradepac once again today, with another friend (ah neh) who was quite familiar with one of the staff there due to his relative being a frequent customer. Was quoted 457 (without telling them we were gonna purchase two sets) today. We had to pay in cash, and they required us to deposit any amount before going down to withdraw. In the end, bought 2 mobo + cpu sets, 1tb wd blue, 2tb wd green and CM 212X. However, the mobo need to collect next week. (So have or don't have the mobo yesterday?)

Well, it's just my personal experience dealing with Tradepac as I am a newbie. Further illustrates that the pricing they have on the price list wasn't quoted to me on both occasions but its evidently better to have a friend who knows the staff to get a slightly better pricing. :s8:

They don't have it in stock, yet you are willing to pay first and collect next week? :s22::s22: whatever for.. motherboard is not a 'rare' item that you need to wait for.

As for PC Themes vs Tradepac.. I don't see why one would want to pay even a single dollar more at PCT vs any other shop. I would gladly pay for better/more service, but a recent sour experience has changed my mind entirely about that shop. YMMV...
 

mib500

Master Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2010
Messages
3,309
Reaction score
9
They don't have it in stock, yet you are willing to pay first and collect next week? :s22::s22: whatever for.. motherboard is not a 'rare' item that you need to wait for.

As for PC Themes vs Tradepac.. I don't see why one would want to pay even a single dollar more at PCT vs any other shop. I would gladly pay for better/more service, but a recent sour experience has changed my mind entirely about that shop. YMMV...

what happen?? dont mind share??:s22::s22:
 

robolee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
10,996
Reaction score
252
for PCT, u better buy from yilong only.
His other sale man/lady have sold me an opened used/faulty PSU before.
Of course it's my fault not to check too but PCT reputable is there so i did not check. Worst the PSU fried my motherboard (which bought from PCT too afew mth back from PCT and Yilong changed both the PSU and motherboard (Yilong help me RMA and give me a brand new motherboard)

No matter how good the service or rating of the shop be, Check your item!

For tradepac if it's cheaper alway check for the warrenty sticker. These ah neh is sneaky ******* too
 
Joined
Sep 21, 2010
Messages
215
Reaction score
0
They don't have it in stock, yet you are willing to pay first and collect next week? :s22::s22: whatever for.. motherboard is not a 'rare' item that you need to wait for.

As for PC Themes vs Tradepac.. I don't see why one would want to pay even a single dollar more at PCT vs any other shop. I would gladly pay for better/more service, but a recent sour experience has changed my mind entirely about that shop. YMMV...

I newbie leh, was it bad choice? But as I said, my friend's relative is a frequent customer (to the point like every month buy systems one) So hopefully they don't cheat me :s13:

And yea, what happened at PCT?
 
Joined
Sep 21, 2010
Messages
215
Reaction score
0
for PCT, u better buy from yilong only.
His other sale man/lady have sold me an opened used/faulty PSU before.
Of course it's my fault not to check too but PCT reputable is there so i did not check. Worst the PSU fried my motherboard (which bought from PCT too afew mth back from PCT and Yilong changed both the PSU and motherboard (Yilong help me RMA and give me a brand new motherboard)

No matter how good the service or rating of the shop be, Check your item!

For tradepac if it's cheaper alway check for the warrenty sticker. These ah neh is sneaky ******* too

Yeah, on the same day I went to Tradepac, Yilong was there to serve me. Really nice and honest about his pricings. Going down next week to get my PSU. :D
 

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2013
Messages
11,578
Reaction score
540
SHIKSHINISM!♥'24';92997564 said:
Yeah, on the same day I went to Tradepac, Yilong was there to serve me. Really nice and honest about his pricings. Going down next week to get my PSU. :D

Actually if YL stopped working at PCT, I would stop patronising PCT altogether. The other staff don't bother or aren't willing to give discount at all. Be it big $100 or small $10 item, YL still cuts the price tag for me
 

mib500

Master Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2010
Messages
3,309
Reaction score
9
Actually if YL stopped working at PCT, I would stop patronising PCT altogether. The other staff don't bother or aren't willing to give discount at all. Be it big $100 or small $10 item, YL still cuts the price tag for me

well i went there few times and they not even bother to see and help me... talking between them self... im not bad mouthing but thats my experience with them... since then i never go to PCT anymore rather go elsewhere....
 

monikernemo

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2014
Messages
7,268
Reaction score
1
for PCT, u better buy from yilong only.
His other sale man/lady have sold me an opened used/faulty PSU before.
Of course it's my fault not to check too but PCT reputable is there so i did not check. Worst the PSU fried my motherboard (which bought from PCT too afew mth back from PCT and Yilong changed both the PSU and motherboard (Yilong help me RMA and give me a brand new motherboard)

No matter how good the service or rating of the shop be, Check your item!

For tradepac if it's cheaper alway check for the warrenty sticker. These ah neh is sneaky ******* too

How you check PSU without using it...

Sent from your wardrobe using GAGT
 

robolee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
10,996
Reaction score
252
How you check PSU without using it...

Sent from your wardrobe using GAGT

.
There is no way to check at the shop except visual signs of a return unit vs new unopened unit.

Exactly my point

when i return the psu, they say why no this and that. i just told them, when i open up, these item are not in it anymore then yi long look at the serial then say this is an faulty unit and swap 1 brand new one for me.

So basically buy from yi long and check on the spot. the other saleman/lady cmi de. Even the **** from tradepac is better than PCT salesman/lady
 

localITguy

Suspended
Joined
Dec 13, 2013
Messages
17,788
Reaction score
1,674
well i went there few times and they not even bother to see and help me... talking between them self... im not bad mouthing but thats my experience with them... since then i never go to PCT anymore rather go elsewhere....

would you go SB zeh zeh ish there?:s13::s22::o ( i hadto pull this joke,everytime i see you post can't help it);)
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top