Xiaomi Mi Max - Part 2

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,271
Reaction score
2,435
For those new comers to Mi Max or MIUI.

If you think that the notifications of certain apps don't work or the notifications are somehow slow or not timely even after you have put them in the Autostart especially so after the phone is locked and inactive for a long period of time.

I suggest that you switch this to OFF permanently. :)

The default setting is ON.

Some apps need both the Autostart as well as OFF in the above-mentioned setting in order for them to work properly for their notifications.

 
Last edited:

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,271
Reaction score
2,435
Would WhatsApp be one of these?

Anw - is it me or is the volume during calling, even at max level, kinds soft?

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT

WhatsApp is fine. It is being auto inserted into Autostart upon setting up.

It doesn't need that OFF in battery saver option as far as I'm concerned. I have never experienced delay in its notification since day one even on my current eu rom. :)

As for call volume (non speaker mode), the loudness is acceptable to me. So, I'm not sure if I can tell that it is loud or soft. :)
 
Last edited:

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,271
Reaction score
2,435
BTW, EU ROM is really good. :)

I get more frequent notifications from many Apps in which I didn't get them at all or that frequent while on official Global rom... :)
 

DRAGONGUY

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,798
Reaction score
0
BTW, EU ROM is really good. :)

I get more frequent notifications from many Apps in which I didn't get them at all or that frequent while on official Global rom... :)

Lol, loving it deep deep ey. I still lazy to convert back. Since i don't use mi account for backing up my stuffs (have my own personal reasons), restoring will take time..... Especially my sms and call logs (5k+, ya i need them due to work issue).

See how later if me not sleepy.

But i start to dulan the audio settings le lol..... See how.....
 

TheOutsider

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2014
Messages
898
Reaction score
117
Lol, loving it deep deep ey. I still lazy to convert back. Since i don't use mi account for backing up my stuffs (have my own personal reasons), restoring will take time..... Especially my sms and call logs (5k+, ya i need them due to work issue).

See how later if me not sleepy.

But i start to dulan the audio settings le lol..... See how.....

I still don't like how Miui handle notifications. Can't view the messages by pulling down in the notification bar. Default Android is good.
 

DRAGONGUY

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,798
Reaction score
0
I still don't like how Miui handle notifications. Can't view the messages by pulling down in the notification bar. Default Android is good.

On the opposite, i like it. Due to more privacy ba. Coz my work have many kaypohchi like to peek ppl phone de. :s13:
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,271
Reaction score
2,435
Lol, loving it deep deep ey. I still lazy to convert back. Since i don't use mi account for backing up my stuffs (have my own personal reasons), restoring will take time..... Especially my sms and call logs (5k+, ya i need them due to work issue).

See how later if me not sleepy.

But i start to dulan the audio settings le lol..... See how.....

See how long more you can take the rubbish audio crap... Kekeke.

I listen to mp3 and radio on the go. So, audio is upmost important to me. Now, with eu rom, the earpiece audio output quality is top notch and shiok to the max. :)
 
Last edited:

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,271
Reaction score
2,435
I prefer privacy over convenience too as far as the notifications are concerned. :)

My office also have a lot of Do Nothing but KNN kaypoh....Gossip...
 
Last edited:

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,271
Reaction score
2,435
if only eu ROM does not have google apps..

In eu rom, you can select not to install Google Apps.

Only Google playstore is a forced install. You can choose not to use Google account and not to install Google related apps. :)
 

1982-1994

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2016
Messages
50,386
Reaction score
25,319
Not about the apps, but those compulsory ones like google play services, etc
 

1982-1994

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2016
Messages
50,386
Reaction score
25,319
have tried mi mix and note 4x, still prefer max. for the battery and feel of holding.

mix is slippery.
4x has thicker bezels.

I'm awaiting to see hows the design and battery for iPhone 8 later in sept.
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,271
Reaction score
2,435
I have held Mi MIX before even though I don't own one.

Somehow, I find that Mi Max is still a better phone to hold and it feels solid and well build in the hand as well as the looks of the handset design. :)
 

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2011
Messages
16,703
Reaction score
26
BTW, EU ROM is really good. :)

I get more frequent notifications from many Apps in which I didn't get them at all or that frequent while on official Global rom... :)

den what about the batt life? heard from miui that eu rom have improve power saving.
 

1982-1994

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2016
Messages
50,386
Reaction score
25,319
I did a quick search on best android calendar apps and realised I'm already using one of the recommended ones - aCalendar. Think I'm too picky haha.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT

the reason why i prefer business calendar pro,
AF31OH8.png


can see my events clearly without going into it,unless its more than 7 events on a day.
customize the color for individual calendar.
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,271
Reaction score
2,435
den what about the batt life? heard from miui that eu rom have improve power saving.

Frankly, even there is improvement, it could be micro to us.

I don't really monitor the battery life as the 4850mha is more than enough to last long.

However, with eu rom, you really get the best of China rom quality without Chinese bloatwares, the best of global rom with flawless integration of Google services as it is supposed to be. :)

It is simply worth your time to flash it once and for all... :)

Update? Simple. Eu Xiaomi will release recovery.zip update for new firmware.

You simply download it. Copy into your Mi Max. Choose update package and it will update for you. Nothing to worry at all..

That was how I update from eu rom 8.2.2.0 to 8.2.3.0..
 
Last edited:

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,271
Reaction score
2,435
the reason why i prefer business calendar pro,
AF31OH8.png


can see my events clearly without going into it,unless its more than 7 events on a day.
customize the color for individual calendar.

Wah piang! Your calendar is so full.... :)

I have a simple life. One or two calendar events only in a week...The rest of the calendar weeks, I sleep most of the time. Haha.
 
Last edited:

DRAGONGUY

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,798
Reaction score
0
Oh my, calendar so many activity. :s13:

For me, miui calendar still enough. Only reminders for prepaid card expiry and some hard to recall dates nia, as well as holidays 2017 (via google).

Still missed the samsung calendar though.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top