The following explains the Warning system used in HardwareZone Forums. It automates certain process of the moderating duties while ensuring that the forum’s rules and regulations are adhered to.
These are some of the reasons (not exhaustive) that forum members may receive Warnings for:
- Content Facilitating Vice or Organized Crime = Permanent Ban
- Content Endangering Public Health = 12 points
- Violent Content = 12 points
- Self-harm Content = 12 points
- Posting Sexual / Lewd / Indecent / Pornographic Comment or Content = 6 points
- Harassment / Cyberbullying = 6 points
- Doxing / Intrusion of Privacy = 6 points
- Racist / Discriminatory Comment = 6 points
- Posting Inappropriate Comment / Content / Language / Insults = 6 points
- Posting Misinformation (Unverified / Inaccurate / Debunked / Fake News / Conspiracies) = 6 points
- Copyright Infringement / Piracy = 6 points
- Forum Nuisance (Trolling / Posting Rubbish / Troublemaker / etc.) = 3 points
- Posting Unsolicited Content (Commercial Solicitation / Ads / Spam / Referral) = 3 points
A Warning may or may not carry Infraction points. Depending on the seriousness of the offence, Infraction points may be given with the Warnings. When a forum member accumulates 12 infraction points he/she will be automatically banned for 3 days.
You may view your Warnings on your Profile page. Other members cannot view how many Warnings you have. If you do not see the Warning tab that means you have not received any. Infraction points expire after 12 months and is accumulative as you continue to receive more Warnings with Infraction points.
Forum members who try to circumvent the temporary ban by posting under another username or account, will be banned permanently.
Please be aware that forum members who deliberately and viciously break our rules and regulations may be permanently banned without warning.
Decisions on the execution of Warnings, infraction points, temporary or permanent bans are up to the discretion of the HWZ team.
For reference, these are the temporary and permanent ban levels that are automatically issued for the active infraction points accumulated:
12 Points => 3 Days Temporary Ban
18 Points => 7 Days Temporary Ban
24 Points => 2 Weeks Temporary Ban
30 Points => 1 Month Temporary Ban
36 Points => Permanent Ban