AppleCare+ for iPhone X

swgj86

Master Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
3,995
Reaction score
127
after taking into account the repair fees for the X w/o AC+, i bought it jsut for peace of mind.

already spent a bomb on the phone, dun wan spend another on repair fees if drop on phone or wad.

first world problem sia.
 

elimmel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 25, 2006
Messages
17,111
Reaction score
5,957
First time didn’t buy Apple care+ for my iPhone.
The Apple care+ cost more than I paid for my X and since I can upgrade phone yearly, decided to be more careful and take the risk.
 

JOEL9978

Member
Joined
May 24, 2003
Messages
314
Reaction score
0
Hi guys, I'm about confused on the AC+.

After reading the post, am I right to say that with AC+.
The $42 is only for the front screen display damage.
$148 is for the back glass and any others accidental damage.
If both front and back crack due to drop, repair charges still at $148 max?

Let say if I did not buy apple care+, 1 year limited warranty is for parts failure not caused by user right?
Screen crack will be fully charged which is more than
$42?
 

tec_geek

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2014
Messages
2,143
Reaction score
76
Hi guys, I'm about confused on the AC+.

After reading the post, am I right to say that with AC+.
The $42 is only for the front screen display damage.
$148 is for the back glass and any others accidental damage.
If both front and back crack due to drop, repair charges still at $148 max?

Let say if I did not buy apple care+, 1 year limited warranty is for parts failure not caused by user right?
Screen crack will be fully charged which is more than
$42?

What you’ve mentioned is correct.

With AppleCare+:
AMAW5m4.jpg


The price list without AppleCare+:
erhcLL1.jpg


Link: https://support.apple.com/en-sg/iphone/repair/service/pricing
 
Last edited:

JOEL9978

Member
Joined
May 24, 2003
Messages
314
Reaction score
0

tec_geek

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2014
Messages
2,143
Reaction score
76
Hi Bro,
Thanks for the prompt respond.
2 incident coverage means any of this....
1. $42 + $42
2. $42 + $148
3. $148 + $148

Or the 4th one which I hoped....
2* $42 and 2* $148

Only the option 1 to 3 as you have mentioned. The 4th one is invalid for AppleCare+.

Up to 2 incident coverage, each incident is either screen repairs or other damage.
 

Boiijek

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2015
Messages
927
Reaction score
70
Had AppleCare+ for my 7Plus which I refunded when selling the phone and got back $128 after a year. Decided to purchase it for my iPhone X as I ain’t paying 800+ if one day a minor drop cracks the backglass. Can always refund around half the value back next year if nothing goes wrong. IF it DOES go wrong, can always feel good that you had protection. win win I guess
 

aztech44

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2008
Messages
12,434
Reaction score
6
Just bought mine after deciding to get or not. Well, im quite suprise that the apple care+ doesn’t stack together with our standard 1 yr warranty... :(

Thought it would be stack and total we will get 3 yr warranty

Anyone thought the same thing?
 

jaymessofly

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2012
Messages
14,777
Reaction score
11
Had AppleCare+ for my 7Plus which I refunded when selling the phone and got back $128 after a year. Decided to purchase it for my iPhone X as I ain’t paying 800+ if one day a minor drop cracks the backglass. Can always refund around half the value back next year if nothing goes wrong. IF it DOES go wrong, can always feel good that you had protection. win win I guess

Hi bro, how did you get the refund for AC+? You called in? I looked around online and can’t find anything relating to a pro-rated refund.
 

Eidekos

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2013
Messages
1,013
Reaction score
1
wow good to know this, can refund after a year.

hope ac+ warrants ipx to use without a case? totally naked! lol

Had AppleCare+ for my 7Plus which I refunded when selling the phone and got back $128 after a year. Decided to purchase it for my iPhone X as I ain’t paying 800+ if one day a minor drop cracks the backglass. Can always refund around half the value back next year if nothing goes wrong. IF it DOES go wrong, can always feel good that you had protection. win win I guess
 

cloudwane

Senior Member
Joined
May 24, 2000
Messages
696
Reaction score
7
How to purchase Apple care+ for iPhone X? My previous phones are always purchased via telco when buying the phone and I forget to add it in for my SingTel set this time round
 

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2002
Messages
16,056
Reaction score
861
How to purchase Apple care+ for iPhone X? My previous phones are always purchased via telco when buying the phone and I forget to add it in for my SingTel set this time round

U can buy via the Apple Store app. Follow instructions from there
 

Boiijek

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2015
Messages
927
Reaction score
70
You can Google search check coverage for your phone and there will be an option to purchase AppleCare from there which is what I did.

How to purchase Apple care+ for iPhone X? My previous phones are always purchased via telco when buying the phone and I forget to add it in for my SingTel set this time round
 

tec_geek

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2014
Messages
2,143
Reaction score
76
I’ve just bought the AppleCare+ via online. Pretty cool, as previously you have to call in.

Before purchasing, Apple would send you an email to start the diagnostic tests. Tap on it, and the tests starts. When completed, a button will appear on the website to give a ‘confirmation’ that the tests is complete and Apple will verify.

Type in your billing addresses and credit/debit card and submit.

It will take quite some time for the AppleCare+ to be reflected via Check Coverage.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top