AppleCare+ for iPhone X

tec_geek

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2014
Messages
2,143
Reaction score
76
What is job 3rd? Or do u mean Nov 3rd?

I thought apple care is instant activate, no?

I have received the submission of order and it was ‘suppose to ship’ to me on the 8th Nov to 11th Nov for the AppleCare+ order.

HUa3ayQ.jpg


Pretty weird too as I also think the activation were supposed to be instant.
 

Boiijek

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2015
Messages
927
Reaction score
70
Coverage still hasn’t updated although I got the proof of coverage already. Also got this shipping email, I wonder what that is. Free gift? Haha

I have received the submission of order and it was ‘suppose to ship’ to me on the 8th Nov to 11th Nov for the AppleCare+ order.

HUa3ayQ.jpg


Pretty weird too as I also think the activation were supposed to be instant.
 

evolute8

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 7, 2005
Messages
9,933
Reaction score
4
It's a slim paper box with some documentation including hard copy of your receipt; that's all.
 

Boiijek

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2015
Messages
927
Reaction score
70
Ahh I see, didn’t get it the previous time. Also, just waiting for the coverage on their website to update so that I don’t have to bring the document around with me

It's a slim paper box with some documentation including hard copy of your receipt; that's all.
 

Kyubi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2002
Messages
61,433
Reaction score
607
i saw that if you are to terminate your apple care+ after 30 days.. they will pro rate and refund you less the admin fee of $45 / 10% of the cost? so its not the full pro rated amount
 

Darwinson

Banned
Joined
Feb 16, 2013
Messages
13,550
Reaction score
954
i saw that if you are to terminate your apple care+ after 30 days.. they will pro rate and refund you less the admin fee of $45 / 10% of the cost? so its not the full pro rated amount

So it’s not hundred percent refund of return AppleCare+ within 30 days?
 

swgj86

Master Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
3,995
Reaction score
127
Just received email from Apple on my purchase of ac+ . Got it on sat then now receive. Read somewhere in the forum they didn’t receive email confirmation. Patience!
 

tec_geek

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2014
Messages
2,143
Reaction score
76
My AppleCare+ status just got updated too! I guess it was a ‘weekend break’ for the system and Apple employees to update into the system. :s13:

EDIT: I’ve noticed before that sometimes if you activate your devices before 1500hrs Singapore time (or before 0000 PDT), the last day of the warranty is 2 days behind instead of just 1 to calculate the full year.

Example:

Supposingly and Activation of the devices after 1500hrs SGT/0000 PDT:
3rd Nov 2017 - Activation Date
2nd Nov 2018 - Last Day of Warranty

Activation of devices before 1500hrs SGT/0000 PDT:
3rd Nov 2017 - Activation Date
1st Nov 2018 -Last Day of Warranty

Unsure if sometimes the device activation follows San Francisco time at the point of activation or Singapore’s.

Anybody activated their iPhone from 8am till before 3pm on 3rd Nov, when does your warranty ends?
 
Last edited:

Kyubi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2002
Messages
61,433
Reaction score
607
So it’s not hundred percent refund of return AppleCare+ within 30 days?

Why do u want to refund within 30 days? I'm looking at after..

So if let's say today u bought  care+, it start immediately? Or after the 1 yr?
 

faithsilence

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2002
Messages
6,717
Reaction score
48
Bought on 3rd Nov (actually 4th Nov) by the time I went out of the comcenter, no confirmation yet.
 

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,132
Reaction score
3,180
My AppleCare+ status just got updated too! I guess it was a ‘weekend break’ for the system and Apple employees to update into the system. :s13:

EDIT: I’ve noticed before that sometimes if you activate your devices before 1500hrs Singapore time (or before 0000 PDT), the last day of the warranty is 2 days behind instead of just 1 to calculate the full year.

Example:

Supposingly and Activation of the devices after 1500hrs SGT/0000 PDT:
3rd Nov 2017 - Activation Date
2nd Nov 2018 - Last Day of Warranty

Activation of devices before 1500hrs SGT/0000 PDT:
3rd Nov 2017 - Activation Date
1st Nov 2018 -Last Day of Warranty

Unsure if sometimes the device activation follows San Francisco time at the point of activation or Singapore’s.

Anybody activated their iPhone from 8am till before 3pm on 3rd Nov, when does your warranty ends?
I just bought my AppleCare+ today and the warranty will end on 2nd Nov. I guess it based on the purchase date of the device.

Not sure if my comment is wrong.
 

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,132
Reaction score
3,180
Hi bro, how did you get the refund for AC+? You called in? I looked around online and can’t find anything relating to a pro-rated refund.

AppleCare cancellation or refund can only be done through a phone call via the sales administrative side.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top