Official May 2017 BTO

Hot_Dog

Master Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
4,321
Reaction score
1,322
I find the Yishun plot not bad leh, near reservoir (for nature/fishing folks), far from MRT though. The best still Geylang, city area (for city folks). Woodlands for those who likes to visit Johor lol :D Every place got their pros and cons.
 

Juljul

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2013
Messages
85
Reaction score
0
I want shopping mall nearby leh. :s22: Not so familiar with the area. Where is the nearest shopping mall ah?

I know for the Bida dari plot can go Serangoon Nex shop, that one is very big =:p

I have been living at Jalan Dua - the block next to this Dakota new BTO plot for the past 9 years. This is the best location to me so far. It is a walking distance to Old Airport Food Centre (160+ stalls), NTUC FairPrice, Kallang Airport Wet Market, Kong Hwa Primary school, and best is Dakota MRT station and Geylang Park Connector (obviously next to the canal). If you work in CBD area, downtown station for instance, it will take around 10-15 mins to reach during peak hours. For me, I could cycle to work via Geylang Park Connector towards Tanjong Rhu and pass Marina Barrage and Gardens by the Bay to my office which is about less than 30 mins ride. This place is convenient everywhere and best if you prefer the east side more than the west. And even with the current 10-storey flat, we are able to watch fireworks from Stadium every time. My family applied for Macpherson Spring and we already got it. Now we really regret but hope our current block can be en bloc before we move since this block is close to 50 years old. The application for this Dakota BTO is gonna be crazy!

For someone who never stay around this area, you might think this area near Geylang is bad. I can tell you there is no mix of those hanky panky here. Those are only in Geylang Lorongs. Dakota is dominantly residential area with families with the youngs and elderly.

Good Luck to those who apply for this plot!
 

Sokhiang

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2015
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
I want shopping mall nearby leh. :s22: Not so familiar with the area. Where is the nearest shopping mall ah?

I know for the Bida dari plot can go Serangoon Nex shop, that one is very big =:p

Going to shopping mall from Dakota is easy.

By MRT:
- 4 stations to Suntec
- 2 stations to Kallang Wave Mall (Big NTUC FairPrice) and Kallang Leisure Park (Cold Storage, Filmgarde, Ice Skating, etc.)
- 1 station to Paya Lebar Square (and the near future is Paya Lebar Quarter in-progress)
- 5 stations to Nex Mall

By Bus
- 5 stops to 112 Katong (Golden Village, chic eateries around).
- 6 stops to Parkway Parade
- 4 stops to One KM Mall

I guess this is quite good enough.
 
Last edited:

yeahyeah

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2002
Messages
1,842
Reaction score
719
Going to shopping mall from Dakota is easy.

By MRT:
- 4 MRT stations to Suntec
- 2 stations to Kallang Wave Mall (Big NTUC FairPrice) and Kallang Leisure Park (Cold Storage, Filmgarde, Ice Skating, etc.)
- 1 station to Paya Lebar Square (and the near future is Paya Lebar Quarter in-progress)
- 5 stations to Nex Mall

By Bus
- 5 stops to 112 Katong (Golden Village, chic eateries around).
- 6 stops to Parkway Parade
- 4 stops to One KM Mall

I guess this is quite good enough.

Hows the noise in that area? I visited my friend there one evening and the fighter jets were roaring past like no tomorrow, presumably landing at Paya Lebar airbase because they were flying so low.
 

Sokhiang

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2015
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Hows the noise in that area? I visited my friend there one evening and the fighter jets were roaring past like no tomorrow, presumably landing at Paya Lebar airbase because they were flying so low.

I only realised when you mentioned this. Yes, the fighter jets are usually passing by this area few times every week in the afternoon. It is only because we all got used to this sound (perhaps, miss it if we didn't hear. hahahaha). But the airbase will be relocated soon so I do not think this is the case in future.

Generally, this area is pretty peaceful and quiet as it is apart from the main road (Old Airport rd). As this is next to Mountbatten CC and Kong Kwa Primary, this is a confirmed plot with no block of view. Since Mountbatten CC is just next to it, those who like to play basketball will be benefited as well as other cc classes. Jogging/Cycling via park connector is another option. Many residents here are old folks since the blocks in this area are close to 50 years old.

Correction: Paya Lebar Airbase will only be completed the relocation in 2030 and beyond. So if you think you cannot bear the roaring sound few times a week (this is probably louder than those on National Day Parade), then Dakota is not the place for you.
 
Last edited:

huangwn88

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
1,022
Reaction score
0
Hey guys, thinking of applying BTO. May I know when will they check my income ceiling to see if I'm still eligible for BTO? The reason is because I maybe changing job. And for self employed, how do they assess our income? Thanks in advance!
 

crabstick99

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2015
Messages
1,951
Reaction score
0
will the columbarium deter you guys from applying bidadari?

Columbarium is being relocated elsewhere. Will be gone by the time the BTO is ready. However there will still be a funeral parlor there. Personally it doesn't bother me.
 

Yevin227

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2007
Messages
927
Reaction score
19
Hey guys, thinking of applying BTO. May I know when will they check my income ceiling to see if I'm still eligible for BTO? The reason is because I maybe changing job. And for self employed, how do they assess our income? Thanks in advance!

Should be checked by NOA, if i'm not wrong. Check http://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/re...rom-hdb/income-guidelines-and-other-documents for more info.

Don't really understand you. Changing job + self-employed? Are you going back to the being employed or are you becoming self-employed?
 

Yevin227

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2007
Messages
927
Reaction score
19
I only realised when you mentioned this. Yes, the fighter jets are usually passing by this area few times every week in the afternoon. It is only because we all got used to this sound (perhaps, miss it if we didn't hear. hahahaha). But the airbase will be relocated soon so I do not think this is the case in future.

Generally, this area is pretty peaceful and quiet as it is apart from the main road (Old Airport rd). As this is next to Mountbatten CC and Kong Kwa Primary, this is a confirmed plot with no block of view. Since Mountbatten CC is just next to it, those who like to play basketball will be benefited as well as other cc classes. Jogging/Cycling via park connector is another option. Many residents here are old folks since the blocks in this area are close to 50 years old.

Correction: Paya Lebar Airbase will only be completed the relocation in 2030 and beyond. So if you think you cannot bear the roaring sound few times a week (this is probably louder than those on National Day Parade), then Dakota is not the place for you.

Hi, thanks for your insight! It's really good based on how you've described it. Really cements my decision to go for this plot in the next bto should I fail in Feb haha.
 

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2004
Messages
15,734
Reaction score
486
Itnwill be 500k + for 4 rm there, n yet all will still snatch like siao lol. Such area will nt have any grant at all right?
 

foreveru13

Master Member
Joined
May 28, 2002
Messages
3,895
Reaction score
493
I only realised when you mentioned this. Yes, the fighter jets are usually passing by this area few times every week in the afternoon. It is only because we all got used to this sound (perhaps, miss it if we didn't hear. hahahaha). But the airbase will be relocated soon so I do not think this is the case in future.

Generally, this area is pretty peaceful and quiet as it is apart from the main road (Old Airport rd). As this is next to Mountbatten CC and Kong Kwa Primary, this is a confirmed plot with no block of view. Since Mountbatten CC is just next to it, those who like to play basketball will be benefited as well as other cc classes. Jogging/Cycling via park connector is another option. Many residents here are old folks since the blocks in this area are close to 50 years old.

Correction: Paya Lebar Airbase will only be completed the relocation in 2030 and beyond. So if you think you cannot bear the roaring sound few times a week (this is probably louder than those on National Day Parade), then Dakota is not the place for you.

thanks for this. i used to stay in jurong, sometimes afternoon and sometimes evening like 8plus really damn loud, buay tahan.
then i must pause the show and rewatch that portion or blast tv damn loud.
it annoys me.
 

Sokhiang

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2015
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
thanks for this. i used to stay in jurong, sometimes afternoon and sometimes evening like 8plus really damn loud, buay tahan.
then i must pause the show and rewatch that portion or blast tv damn loud.
it annoys me.

Fighter jets usually come in the afternoon. Sometimes, in the early evening and more frequent when there are more drills and practices like NDP or Air Show. If not, it is quite peaceful. The area of this block is certainly a pleasant place, only during school hours that you may hear the classroom noises since this block will be pretty near to Kong Hwa Pri Sch. But for the past many years, be it at night or day, the surroundings are peaceful, many old folks are living here. You may see some of the odds and mentally disturbed, but generally pretty good to live in. At night is always safe. I always walk my dog in square around this plot (since now it is still a big field with lots of big trees). Too bad those trees will be gone soon.

And no doubt this project for 4 rooms will be at least 400k. I got my BTO 4-room at Macpherson Spring at 459k for the 10th flr. This block should be at about the same price, if not higher. The 4 room flats around Old Airport FC are of the much higher price, selling between 600-780k, let alone the Mansionettes opposite Block 99, the resale prices range between 800-950k. I bought my 3-room unit at Block 93 at 230k 9 years ago. Now, it is easy to sell out at least 300k-350k. Few years back the neighbour in my block sold at 400k. This area will never have the price down or stay plateau. If not about price, it is the convenience you will have throughout your stay at this block. You will know how convenient once you live around here (provided you prefer the East). I will never wanted to move anywhere else if I had a choice to stay around here.

They have now blocked up the open carpark area next to Kong Hwa to clear it off.
 
Last edited:

iphone1s

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2015
Messages
2,463
Reaction score
217
TBH, if you want me to go back to Lorong Ah Soo to stay, where fighter jets fly pass my head almost every single hour. I am TOTALY fine with it :D

So used to it already.
 

Sokhiang

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2015
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Itnwill be 500k + for 4 rm there, n yet all will still snatch like siao lol. Such area will nt have any grant at all right?

I believe grants will still be given to those eligible. I think the prices will still be very similar to Macpherson Spring (410k-485k) as some websites have already speculated.
 

didiboogie

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2017
Messages
59
Reaction score
0
glad to see fencing going up. some previous bto areas arn't boarded up yet even.
Fighter jets usually come in the afternoon. Sometimes, in the early evening and more frequent when there are more drills and practices like NDP or Air Show. If not, it is quite peaceful. The area of this block is certainly a pleasant place, only during school hours that you may hear the classroom noises since this block will be pretty near to Kong Hwa Pri Sch. But for the past many years, be it at night or day, the surroundings are peaceful, many old folks are living here. You may see some of the odds and mentally disturbed, but generally pretty good to live in. At night is always safe. I always walk my dog in square around this plot (since now it is still a big field with lots of big trees). Too bad those trees will be gone soon.

And no doubt this project for 4 rooms will be at least 400k. I got my BTO 4-room at Macpherson Spring at 459k for the 10th flr. This block should be at about the same price, if not higher. The 4 room flats around Old Airport FC are of the much higher price, selling between 600-780k, let alone the Mansionettes opposite Block 99, the resale prices range between 800-950k. I bought my 3-room unit at Block 93 at 230k 9 years ago. Now, it is easy to sell out at least 300k-350k. Few years back the neighbour in my block sold at 400k. This area will never have the price down or stay plateau. If not about price, it is the convenience you will have throughout your stay at this block. You will know how convenient once you live around here (provided you prefer the East). I will never wanted to move anywhere else if I had a choice to stay around here.

They have now blocked up the open carpark area next to Kong Hwa to clear it off.
 

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2004
Messages
15,734
Reaction score
486
I believe grants will still be given to those eligible. I think the prices will still be very similar to Macpherson Spring (410k-485k) as some websites have already speculated.

matured area i tot no grant one ?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top