Official May 2017 BTO

Kohabc

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2017
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Jus to check I can apply for both PPS and MCPS correct ? Am I right to say if the ballot for PPS failed I still have MCPS ? I m also a first timer . Really hope can get a good unit for Geylang bto.
 

deskoh91

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2004
Messages
9,396
Reaction score
2
Jus to check I can apply for both PPS and MCPS correct ? Am I right to say if the ballot for PPS failed I still have MCPS ? I m also a first timer . Really hope can get a good unit for Geylang bto.
Yes, PPS guarantees a much better chance, so use that if you have it. You have kids and a first timer?
 

Kohabc

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2017
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Yes, PPS guarantees a much better chance, so use that if you have it. You have kids and a first timer?

Okie. Well, yup I m expecting no.2 & Also a first timer too. Love this location, prefer higher floor if possible. Hehee.. Are u going to go for it too?
 
Last edited:

Kohabc

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2017
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
what's PPS? highest chance among all schemes?

Parenthood priority scheme. Not sure if it's the highest chance among all, but I think it's also depend on luck , jus like strike 4D. Hahaa. I m thinking of getting 4 room. You interested in this location too?
 
Last edited:

deskoh91

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2004
Messages
9,396
Reaction score
2
what's PPS? highest chance among all schemes?

No such thing as best la :s13: Just that there are fewer first timer parents with kids in tow as compared to dating couples with parents staying nearby. The lottery for non-MCPS priority schemes usually go first because of their small numbers (which does not hit the % set aside for them - all the Senior Priority, Third Child Priority...) before MCPS, then finally the general pool for first/second timers. If you qualify for one scheme, you get balloted in that, if you fail, you move on to the next pool you qualify for.

Okie. Well, yup I m expecting no.2 & Also a first timer too. Love this location, prefer higher floor if possible. Hehee.. Are u going to go for it too?

Hahah nope, too much intense competition and we have no flame shield from whatever P whatever S :s13:
 

sheinked

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2005
Messages
67
Reaction score
0
No such thing as best la :s13: Just that there are fewer first timer parents with kids in tow as compared to dating couples with parents staying nearby. The lottery for non-MCPS priority schemes usually go first because of their small numbers (which does not hit the % set aside for them - all the Senior Priority, Third Child Priority...) before MCPS, then finally the general pool for first/second timers. If you qualify for one scheme, you get balloted in that, if you fail, you move on to the next pool you qualify for.



Hahah nope, too much intense competition and we have no flame shield from whatever P whatever S :s13:

If we fail for MCPS (married child want to be close to family), we will still be entitled for 2 balloting tickets in general pool?
 

Ah_keong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2008
Messages
7,801
Reaction score
1
saving $0.50 everyday starting from today....

$2.00 saved....

FB-470x246-4A.jpg
 

LiteHouse

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2001
Messages
22,812
Reaction score
4
Jus to check I can apply for both PPS and MCPS correct ? Am I right to say if the ballot for PPS failed I still have MCPS ? I m also a first timer . Really hope can get a good unit for Geylang bto.

This one is power combo. U will very likely get a good queue number. See the responses at the Feb 2017 BTO thread.
 

deskoh91

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2004
Messages
9,396
Reaction score
2
Anyone going to ballot for the Woodlands BTO too?

I am :D quite decent if you are okay with woodlands.

iphone is the godbro of PM Lee, that's why he is going to ballot for his second BTO while the first one is still being built :s13:
 

Kohabc

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2017
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
This one is power combo. U will very likely get a good queue number. See the responses at the Feb 2017 BTO thread.

Hope so :) Nah, jus too lazy to read the long responses for the Feb thread. Actually, I m still thought of waiting on the development for the Dakota crescent and the space where broadrick Sec sch located last time. But due to my kid schooling, I think this is the best option at the current bto which also near to my parent house.

How about you ? Interested in which location then ?
 

didiboogie

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2017
Messages
59
Reaction score
0
Hope so :) Nah, jus too lazy to read the long responses for the Feb thread. Actually, I m still thought of waiting on the development for the Dakota crescent and the space where broadrick Sec sch located last time. But due to my kid schooling, I think this is the best option at the current bto which also near to my parent house.

How about you ? Interested in which location then ?

went for a recce over e weekends at night and i must say the area's pretty dingy. no wonder someone mentioned about not too ideal if you have kids. there's a signboard that appealed for witnesses for a modesty outrage crime.. 😂 but maybe it will be better with more humans around.
 

deskoh91

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2004
Messages
9,396
Reaction score
2
Anyone went down recce the Woodlands BTO area?
Any problem with area?
If anything, it's a dual one-lane street with 12 storey middle aged flats on one side and nothing on the other so it feels a little run down and quiet compared to the vibes from Admiralty and Punggol. There are also quite a few rental blocks in its vicinity, and two schools are nearby for those who care about morning bells.

If any of these bother any of you, please don't ballot so I have a better chance :D
 

coolhead

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2007
Messages
52,396
Reaction score
13,579
Nb this may bto all sure very exp...haiz nv get my punggol

This may will try for bidadari as is near my gf parent but worried about the cost. We both earn mid 3k only.. Cpf combine around 200k. A bit scary to buy a near 600k 4 room flat

U got 200k cpf no worries Lah... My Nov 2015 bidadari bto cost 500k. Back then, combined cpf 90k, combined income 7k, negligible cash savings.
Now with 100k combined cpf after 5% down payment, 8.5k combined income, with some cash savings, we are not too worried, but still savings lots. You are in a safe financial position.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top