Xiaomi Mi Max - Part 2

Techno Pride

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,791
Reaction score
1,425
I've just joined the club...and flased 7.5.11 on the phone. New to Android 7.0.

When I tap the menu, it shows a list of recent apps, after which I can tap X to free up memory. However, it doesn't show the RAM available at all.

Is this normal? My older MIUI7/Android6 phone shows "1.xGB of 3GB available". This new phone doesn't.
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,270
Reaction score
2,433
I've just joined the club...and flased 7.5.11 on the phone. New to Android 7.0.

When I tap the menu, it shows a list of recent apps, after which I can tap X to free up memory. However, it doesn't show the RAM available at all.

Is this normal? My older MIUI7/Android6 phone shows "1.xGB of 3GB available". This new phone doesn't.

Big welcome, bro! :)

Well...:s22:

Go to Settings/Home screen & recents -> turn on Show memory status! ;)
 

cokiee

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2012
Messages
1,158
Reaction score
0
Hi friends, wanted to check please. I've never used a dual SIM phone before this one, and will be travelling. Next week, using a travel SIM. Is it possible to have both SIMs on, receiving only calls on one and data on the other?

Edit: or for that matter, have both SIMs inside but activate only one?

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT
 

Sidler

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2001
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
292
Hi friends, wanted to check please. I've never used a dual SIM phone before this one, and will be travelling. Next week, using a travel SIM. Is it possible to have both SIMs on, receiving only calls on one and data on the other?

Edit: or for that matter, have both SIMs inside but activate only one?

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT

Can.
You can choose which SIM card to use for data. The other will auto be only used for calls.
To be safe, disable data roaming as well.
 

Sidler

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2001
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
292
Will disabling data roaming do so on a global/ whole of phone basis, I.e., also affect the one for which I want the data on?

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT

I assumed your "travel sim" is a data sim from that country.
The phone will be able to tell if your "Travel SIM" is roaming or not. So if it's a SIM card from the country you are travelling to, disabling data roaming will not affect your usage.

If it's a SG SIM with roaming data, then don't disable data roaming.
Just choose the SIM to use for data will do.
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,270
Reaction score
2,433
Actually, Mi Max camera is damn cmi in low light. However, in day light, indoor or outdoor, It can be damn good! :s22: I have no complaint about its camera quality in that scenario. :)

After all, most of the time (95% of time). We take photo in "High" light , be it indoor or outdoor! :)

Auto mode (Outdoor):




Auto Mode (Indoor):


Auto mode with Auto-triggered's HDR upon detection:


Auto mode with manual triggered HDR:
 
Last edited:

cokiee

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2012
Messages
1,158
Reaction score
0
I assumed your "travel sim" is a data sim from that country.
The phone will be able to tell if your "Travel SIM" is roaming or not. So if it's a SIM card from the country you are travelling to, disabling data roaming will not affect your usage.

If it's a SG SIM with roaming data, then don't disable data roaming.
Just choose the SIM to use for data will do.

Yep, sorry I wasn't clear there. Intent is to plug a Starhub SIM into the phone and use it there. Thanks for the insight!

On a side note, not sure if I've discovered a bug or otherwise. In using the Google search widget I've found that I can't actually type in the link, or the widget crashes.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT
 

rootz

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2003
Messages
1,153
Reaction score
11
Anyone has done any research on whether is Mi Max 2 worth it? As in comparing to MI Max 128 GB at 319 vs Mi Max 2 at ard 419 (after discount etc).

Main tussle is whether is it worth the cost difference. Thanks.
 

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
14,249
Reaction score
41
Anyone has done any research on whether is Mi Max 2 worth it? As in comparing to MI Max 128 GB at 319 vs Mi Max 2 at ard 419 (after discount etc).

Main tussle is whether is it worth the cost difference. Thanks.
Mi Max 2 has a better camera, stereo speakers, higher battery capacity and a better looking bezel. All boils down to preference

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top